“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – the White Queen, Alice in Wonderland.
Come down the Rabbit hole with me, won’t you?
1. Clients will never negotiate your fees because they believe in the value of your work and the expertise you bring to a project.
2. Clients will always tell you to set your own schedule and take as much time as is needed to put together a well thought out and complete set of construction documents.
3. It’s ok to be a little over budget. The client will still build it the way you designed it. Refer back to #1.
4. The contractor will never try to substitute cheaper, inferior products for the ones you specified because, like the client, the contractor values your work and the expertise you bring to a project.
5. The contractor will read your drawings and specifications and build the project as designed.
6. Architectural practice is exactly like studio.
Feel free to add your own to the list.